Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Athens Times

SHOCK! He almost died from a pepper – punctured esophagus!

A 47-year-old from San Francisco, USA, who participated in one of the well-known and fools “competitive eating”, he almost lost his life when a very hot pepper caused a hole in his esophagus.The man ate a pepper called “bhut jolokia”, which is also known as “peppers ghost”. This is one of the hottest peppers in the world , twice as hot by the notorious pepper of the variety habanero, in accordance with a medical team headed by dr. Ann Arens from the Emergency department of the university hospital of California.The 47-year-old was admitted to the hospital with severe pain in the abdomen and chest, after had intense nausea and vomiting after the consumption of a chili-ghost, according to the medical report published in The Journal of Emergency Medicine.Was a ct scan and chest x-ray which revealed the existence of air around a portion of the esophagus, which showed the doctors that there was a perforation of the esophagus.“The patient διασωληνώθηκε and went immediately into surgery, where it was found he had a hole diameter of 2.5 cm into the esophagus,” reported the doctors. The point of the hole found scraps of food, which was none other than so much hot pepper.The 47-year-old stayed in the hospital for 13 days, was fed only through a tube, while the discharge took after a total of 23 days of hospitalization!The doctors have pointed out that a rupture of the esophagus is a highly lethal condition.

A 47-year-old from San Francisco, USA, who participated in one of the well-known and fools “competitive eating”, he almost lost his life…
when a very hot pepper caused a hole in his esophagus.
The man ate a pepper called “bhut jolokia”, which is also known as “peppers ghost”. This is one of the hottest peppers in the world , twice as hot by the notorious pepper of the variety habanero, in accordance with a medical team headed by dr. Ann Arens from the Emergency department of the university hospital of California.
The 47-year-old was admitted to the hospital with severe pain in the abdomen and chest, after had intense nausea and vomiting after the consumption of a chili-ghost, according to the medical report published in The Journal of Emergency Medicine.
Was a ct scan and chest x-ray which revealed the existence of air around a portion of the esophagus, which showed the doctors that there was a perforation of the esophagus.
“The patient διασωληνώθηκε and went immediately into surgery, where it was found he had a hole diameter of 2.5 cm into the esophagus,” reported the doctors. The point of the hole found scraps of food, which was none other than so much hot pepper.
The 47-year-old stayed in the hospital for 13 days, was fed only through a tube, while the discharge took after a total of 23 days of hospitalization!
The doctors have pointed out that a rupture of the esophagus is a highly lethal condition.

You May Also Like

Advertisement