settlement of Sagiada at the end of the XIV century were in the hands of Anjou, and in 1386 it passed to the Venetians. In 1452 it was conquered along with the rest of the possessions of the Venetians
the Mainland coast of the Turkish general Hatzi Beis and then it begins a hard fight between the Venetians and the Turks for domination of the. In 1454 the city was conquered by the Venetians, and the lost during the first venetian-Turkish war (1463-1479). In 1473 the free John Vlasis for the account of the Venetians, who delivered finally, on the basis of the peace treaty of 1479, in the Î“ÎºÎµÎ½Ï„Î¯Îº Ahmet pasha, who destroyed the fortress, as well as the next of Î£Ï„ÏÎ¿Î²Î¹Î»Î¹Î¿Ï. Since then, the region of Sagiada remained, with short breaks, in the hands of the Turks, who settled in the small port of (Snagging Sagiada), checking with him) (publican) of the movement of goods to and from the Town, which was the commercial center of mainland Greece. 1799 Ali Pasha and the occupied, while the 1811 raises in the region of a fortress opposite the island of Corfu. In 1823 the settlement on the mountain was destroyed by a great earthquake. 1833, repaired and extended the main church of St. George.
Second earthquake in 1872, he completely destroyed the settlement. In 1912 the Sagiada is released from the Greek army. In 1943 the Germans together with their Î‘Î»Î²Î±Î½Î¿Ï„ÏƒÎ¬Î¼Î·Î´ÎµÏ‚ of the neighboring muslim village Î›Î¹ÏŒÏˆÎ·, the village burned and its inhabitants scattered to the villages to the north. From the 1950’s created a new village close to the sea and the plain.