Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Athens Times

Cyprus

Cyprus: Limassol is the first in the deaths from covid 19

A national report on the course of the pandemic was published by the Ministry of Health with a period of analysis in March 2020 to June 2021.

A national report on the course of the pandemic was published by the Ministry of Health with a period of analysis in March 2020 to June 2021.

As of June 16, 2021, 453 deaths have been reported in people diagnosed with COVID-19. 68% concern men (n = 306 deaths) and the remaining 32% concern women (n = 147 deaths).

Of the 453 deaths, 378 (83%) had COVID-19 as the underlying cause. 67% of the total number of deaths due to COVID-19 disease are related to men (n = 254 deaths) and the remaining 33% are related to women (n = 124 deaths). The ratio of men to women is 2: 1.

One in five deaths occurs in the age group 80-84 years (n = 89). The median age of people with an underlying cause of COVID-19 has dropped from 82 years in 2020 to 77 years in 2021. December 2020 and January 2021 saw the highest number of deaths of people living with COVID-positive disease. 19, from the beginning of the pandemic until today, with the percentage reaching 38% of the total number of deaths (85 and 86 deaths respectively). It is followed by April 2021 with a percentage of 15% (n = 66) and May 2021 with a percentage of 13% (n = 58).

The highest percentage of deaths of people positive for COVID-19 disease, with underlying cause of death being COVID-19 disease, concerns people with permanent residence in the District of Limassol (n = 135, 36%). They are followed by the Province of Nicosia (n = 131, 35%), the Province of Larnaca (n = 66, 17%), the Province of Paphos (n = 27, 7%), the Province of Famagusta (n = 15, 4%), 4 deaths have Unspecified Province of permanent residence (1%).

Limassol has the highest mortality rate per 100,000 population (54.4 deaths per 100,000 population). It is followed by Larnaca with 44.3 deaths per 100,000 population and Nicosia with 37.8 deaths per 100,000 population and with a lower percentage the Province of Famagusta with 30.7 deaths per 100,000 population and finally the Province of Paphos with 28.3 deaths per 100,000 population .

Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

You May Also Like

International

Pope Francis stays only seven hours in the Hungarian capital Budapest

Covid-19

The provinces with the highest rates

International

It is our duty to offer our solidarity to a people who are suffering

Covid-19

They take off their masks - Normally concerts with thousands of people

International

This submarine gas pipeline in the Baltic Sea will double Russian gas supplies to Germany

International

He was President of Portugal from 1996 to 2006

Sports

He underwent surgery for a tumor and is recovering

International

Najib Mikati says he hopes to stop the collapse of the country as prime minister and restore prosperity

Advertisement